Research has a long-term opening for employing a student assistant (already enrolled or planning to enrol in 2018 on a Master-level degree) for at least 18 months (preferably starting by 1 May 2018) and working 15 hours a week. The tasks will mainly fall under the following two categories:
- Perform research work using micro and macroeconometrics tools and data as a research assistant to the economists
- Occasionally work with the staff in Research to administer several programmes (PhD programme, seminar series, conferences, workshops, visiting scholar programme, etc.).
In order to qualify for the position we expect you to have:
- A strong background in economics and/or finance
- Knowledge of advanced econometrics software (STATA, SAS)
- Familiarity with econometric tools
- Experience with using Statistics Denmark micro data and other common micro data sets
- Some flexibility in hours, as the workload is often unevenly distributed throughout the week
- Demonstrated ability to manage and coordinate multiple tasks
- Excellent Danish and English understanding and writing skills.
You can expect to be exposed to economics and financial research and acquire a knowledge of the main research themes of interest to Danmarks Nationalbank; to collaborate with research-oriented economists on projects aimed at top academic international publication outlets; to actively participate in the intellectual and research environment of Danmarks Nationalbank; to gain valuable experience in the functioning of a policy-making institution working within an international community of economists and the European System of Central Banks. You will work closely with the banks Research economists and will be a part of our extended student network.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please feel free to contact Alessia De Stefani, firstname.lastname@example.org/+45 3363 6173. If you have questions regarding terms of employment, please contact HR Partner Jens Erik Larsen, email@example.com/+45 3363 6502.
Please apply in English and upload your resume and other relevant documents no later than 20 April 2018 by using the "Apply here" link.
We are planning to arrange the interviews in April and May 2018.