Governor Per Callesen was born on 9 November 1958, is married and has two children (born 1985 and 1992, respectively). Per graduated with a Master of Science (Economics) (cand.polit) from the University of Copenhagen in 1984.
- Executive director, International Monetary Fund 2010-2011
- Deputy Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Finance 1993-2010
International economic policy 2003-2009
Macroeconomic policy 1993-2003
- Head of division, Ministry of Finance 1991-1993
- Visiting fellow, ESRC Modelling Bureau, University of Warwick 1991
- Special adviser and head of section, Ministry of Finance 1986-1991
- Head of section and part-time student, Confederation of Danish Industry 1979-1986.
Board of memberships
- Member of the Systemic Risk Council 2013-
- Chairman of the Danish Payments Council 2015-
- Member of Economic Policy Committee (EPC), European Union, 1993-2003
Vice President and Chairman of working-group "Country-examinations" 1999-2002
Chairman of Labour Market Working Group 2002-2003
- Member of OECD's Working Party 1 1993-2003, Vice President 1999-2003
- Member of OECD's Economic Policy Committee 1996-2009 and 2011-2014
- Member of EU's Economic and Financial Committee (EFC) 2003-2009 and 2011-2020
President of the Alternates of the EFC 2005-2009
Chairman of the EFC High Level ad hoc Group on Financial Stability Arrangements 2006-2008
Chairman of the EFC Working Group on procyclicality 2009
Chairman of the Working Group on Climate Financing 2009
- Member of the Board of the Green Climate Fund, (GCF Korea) 2011-2014
- Member of the Danish Economic Council 2011-2021
- Chairman of the Nordic Baltic Monetary and Financial Committee, member 2003-2009 and 2011-2015
- Member of the board of Bruegel (Bruxelles, Think Thank) 2012-2014
- Chairman of the Danish Economic Society 2014, Member of the Board 1997-2000 and 2011-2014
- Co-chair the Regional Subgroup on Europe, Financial Stability Board (FSB) 2013-2015
- Chairman, EU/EFC High Level Working Group on Regulatory of Sovereign Exposures 2015-2016.
- ESRC Modelling Bureau, University of Warwick, UK 1991
- External associate professor, macroeconomic planning, University of Copenhagen 1988-1993
- Assistant lecturer, Social Sciences, University of Copenhagen 1984-1988.