Denmark's international investment position, 4th quarter 2021
Danmarks Nationalbank publishes quarterly statistics for Denmark’s external assets and liabilities - international investment position - broken down by instrument and sector
|As of end-2004, the system for collection of information on the international investment position and the financial account of the balance of payments is based on the following four main sources:|
- MFI statistics
- General-government statistics
- Securities statistics
- Reporting by enterprises
For the first three sources the coverage of their respective areas is very close to 100 per cent. Enterprise reports are submitted by a sample of non-financial corporations and insurance corporations and pension funds as well as other financial intermediaries, e.g. leasing companies. The data reported covers 95 per cent, and is thus grossed up by an average of 5 per cent.
Each source is based on the following identity:
stock, beginning of period
+ transactions during the period
+ valuation changes, etc. during the period
= stock, end of period,
where stock data corresponds to the international investment position and transaction data to the financial account of the balance of payments.
The published tables include:
- Changes in the holdings during the last quarter, i.e. holdings at beginning and end of period
- Assets and liabilities of others besides Danmarks Nationalbank broken down by instrument and sector
- Selected assets and liabilities of others besides Danmarks Nationalbank broken down by maturity and currency
- Danmarks Nationalbank's assets and liabilities broken down by instrument.