Danmarks Nationalbank and The Royal Danish Mint
Since 1975, The Royal Danish Mint has been a part of Danmarks Nationalbank, when the latter took over The Royal Danish Mint from the government. Subject to the approval of the Ministry of Business and Growth, Danmarks Nationalbank determines the appearance of Danish banknotes and coins and their denominations.
The Royal Danish Mint has been situated at various locations in Copenhagen, including at the corner of Holbergsgade and Herluf Trolles Gade (1873-1923). In 1923-78, a building at Amager Boulevard 115 housed the Royal Danish Mint. In 1978, the Royal Danish Mint moved to facilities at Solmarksvej in Brøndby.
In March 2012, the Royal Danish Mint moved back to the city centre to facilities at Danmarks Nationalbank in Havnegade (temporary address at Langelinie Allé 47).